CEO - Operations | Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom | Full Time, Part Time, and Volunteer
About the opportunity
Age Concern Colchester is a charitable organisation that looks after the welfare of individuals of 60 years+ to support them in later life. Three key ways that we do this are: -
- To provide support in identifying benefit applications and support in completion - £1.4m per year in benefits delivered
- A befriending service matching individuals with the needs of the older generation - we have 24 befrienders
- Sourcing suitably referenced individuals to support with handyperson activity
The charity has gone through significant change over the last couple of years and is now an independent charity but reaches people across the borough of Colchester.
The people that work with us our special and provide a great deal of care for those in later life and who need some support.
What are we looking for?
- We would like you to be yourself and positively meet with someone who needs friendship
- Work with the befriending coordinator and assistants to match up with over 60's
- Meet regularly with people you are paired up with
- Provide us feedback on how things are going with those who you provide friendship too
- Work to understand the people you befriend to see what their needs are
- Feedback on these needs to the befriending coordinator and assistant befriending coordinators
- Do your best to introduce your client to friendship groups that Age Concern run
- Consider key dates where friendship matters; bank holidays, Christmas and Easter to do something special for your client
- Work with the befriending coordinator and assistant befriending coordinator to develop ways to combat loneliness more widely in Colchester
People fund what we do so often we need to ask information from yourself and those you befriend for case studies and to understand if the volunteering you have done has had a positive impact. We therefore do ask for regular feedback on how things are going
- We have a very varied range of volunteering opportunities
- It is important that you volunteer with a client that you can develop friendship with
- We aim to link you with people where there is a good connection
- If it doesn't work we want you to let us know so we can find something right for you / the client
- We want you to enjoy your volunteering and really value regular feedback