Trusts and Foundations Fundraiser
Job Opportunities | Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom | Full Time
About Age Concern Colchester & North East Essex
Age Concern Colchester & North East Essex is a Charity which is focused on making life better for individuals in later life. The current services that we provide cover: -
- Identifying benefits that those over 60 are entitled to and supporting in the application process
- Providing a befriending service according to the needs of the individual
- A developing Directory of Services
- Clubs for those in older life for companionship
- Support for dementia, bereavement befriending and end of life befriending
- A community hub and café
The people that volunteer and work with us are special and provide a great deal of care for those in later life who need support, advice, information and sometimes just someone to listen.
What do we offer?
Age Concern is a friendly and enjoyable place to work. We work hard but also enjoy some downtime together. Due to the nature of our work this is essential because we all have tougher days and need to be there to work through these days when they happen.
The organisation is growing and we are developing the work and reach of the charity. It is an exciting time to be a part of what we are doing, and this opportunity is about genuinely making a big difference to people. The team have great pride in what they do, who we help and how we transform lives.
We have recently implemented benefits which include: -
- 25 days annual leave + 8 days bank holiday (includes the detail below and pro-rata for part-time)
- Birthday off (or nearest day to it)
- A Christmas to New Year closure (part-time paid for usual working days)
- 21 days leave – pro-rata for part-time
- 5% Pension Scheme
We offer excellent coaching and support from both colleagues and the senior team. We appreciate that starting a new role can be a challenge and we set up for success. We have the benefit of established structures which have generated over £1m of income as tried and tested. Equally we have the flexibility in approach that enables natural flair required for someone with the role to develop things to a new level.
There is potential for career development and also the leadership team is dynamic. We enjoy exploring new ideas and ways to do things to grow the charity.
Please note that our regular role is below. We have some current adjustments for COVID-19 which means we are working remotely and managing our operation via home working. This will revert back to face to face once the COVID-19 threat has gone and the position is based in our Colchester office although we operate a flexible environment and are comfortable with a mix of work locations including some home working.
What are we looking for?
Planning & Organising
- Take responsibility for the delivery of the trusts and foundation income stream.
- Support the Operations Managers and CEO with the delivery of fundraising objectives working closely in partnership.
- Listen to the needs of the Operations Managers to fully understand what is being achieved and is to be developed so you can create a compelling narrative.
- Identify and maintain a pipeline of prospective funders in HubSpot.
- Develop the funding pipeline for a consistently strong income delivery.
Financial Responsibilities and Budget Management
- Work with the Operations Managers and CEO to adjust financial plans when required to meet fundraising budgets or new funding requirements.
- Identify and prioritise potential funding opportunities using a range of prospect research tools.
- Work closely with Operations Managers and CEO to build and nurture a Trusts and Foundations pipeline that will support our existing and future plans.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and prospective funders, especially those with the potential to give significant multi-year grants.
- Develop cases for support for existing and new services.
- Ensure that conditions and criteria of grants are tracked against outcomes, and that funders are provided with regular updates that meet or exceed their requirements maintaining oversight and delivery through HubSpot.
- Work with the finance officer to ensure the operational functions that support fundraising activities are lean, efficient and robust.
- Oversee the maintenance of HubSpot for all trusts and foundations fundraising information, working closely with the Operations Managers and CEO.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
To succeed in this role, you will have extensive trusts and foundations fundraising experience, ideally including multi-year grants. You will be responsible for developing the existing pipeline and taking accountability for this from the CEO and Operations Managers.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Ability to effectively manage relationships with people at all levels.
- Excellent research skills, using a range of sources to identify and prioritise potential funders.
- Ability to work as part of a team but also use initiative when required.
- Ability to understand and empathise with our cause and to translate this passionately within the grants written and subsequent funder follow-ups.
- Attention to detail and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to plan and deliver multiple concurrent bids to delivery deadlines.
- Calm and professional attitude, naturally empathetic.
Knowledge and Experience
- Significant experience of cultivating and securing five- and six-figure grants from trusts and foundations.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain a robust pipeline of prospects.
- Proven experience of writing compelling cases for support.
- Experience of delivering annual budgets, achieving fundraising targets and KPIs within a trusts and foundations context.
- Experience of using a CRM system (HubSpot & Salesforce preferred).
- Experience of other fundraising activities (corporate fundraising, employee engagement, community fundraising, challenge events) is desirable.
- Knowledge of the sector is desirable.
- Potential trust and foundation funders
- Operations Managers
- Marketing colleagues
- Finance Officer
- Salesforce Developer
The role is 22.5-30.0 hours a week over three or more days are welcome to apply and will be given equal consideration. 30 hours is across 4 or 5 days. Initial funding for the role is secured for a one-year fixed-term contract although we would aim to move the position to permanent based on delivery of consistent grant revenue during the first year.
Finally, team is really important to us. Whilst the team will develop over time the first person into this team has a unique opportunity to build the team from ground up and there is a future career path. We will be growing the team with corporate fundraisers, community fundraisers, digital fundraising and HNW fundraising. The career path for someone to manage this team is available and being first person in enhances the opportunity for career development based on strong personal results.
We expect team members to develop a positive culture in the office for those we serve and in the way we work together. If we sound like a good fit for the next stage of career growth apply today.