Operations Manager Support Services
Jobs - Management & Leadership | Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom | Full Time
About Age Concern Colchester & North East Essex
Age Concern Colchester and North East Essex is a Charitable Organisation that is focused on making life better for individuals in later life. The current services that we provide cover: -
- Identifying benefit entitlements and supporting applications for those 60+ - £1.6m per year in benefits entitlements
- Providing a befriending service to more than 350 individuals in later years
- Supplying information and advice on practical support services around the home for those in later years
- Offering emotional support and referral to specialist bereavement and end of life services
- Connecting people in later years via community hubs, activities, and interest groups
The charity has gone through significant growth over the last couple of years and is now an independent charity that reaches people throughout Colchester, Witham, and North East Essex. We are looking for a leader who can support colleagues, implement processes to streamline administrative and customer service activity and who has an approach of excellence.
What do we offer?
Age Concern is a friendly and enjoyable place to work. We work hard but also enjoy some downtime together. Due to the nature of our work, this is essential because we all have tougher days and need to be there to work through these days when they happen.
The organisation is growing our reach and activity because of the high demand for support. It is an exciting time to be a part of what we are doing, and this opportunity is about genuinely making a big difference to people. We take great pride in what we do, who we help and how we transform lives.
We have recently implemented benefits which include: -
- 25 days annual leave + 8 days bank holiday (includes the detail below and pro-rata for part-time)
- Birthday off (or nearest day to it)
- A Christmas to New Year closure (part-time paid for usual working days)
- 21 days leave – pro-rata for part-time
- 5% Pension Scheme
Overview for Operations Manager Support Services
The Support Services Operations Manager will manage a diverse specialist team and external contractors for the CEO. The role has developed because of the extensive growth of the charity and a need to develop the support services function.
The nature of the role is a highly commercial role as we have a target to ensure our support services function becomes cost-neutral to the charity through the activities that are developed. Therefore, the scope for the role is one that would fit someone who is entrepreneurial and willing to assess and calculate risk well. The profile is for starter and finisher and you must have the ability to juggle different priorities.
Ultimately Age Concern Colchester & North East Essex is in place to develop our concept to further the objects of the charity in reducing poverty, loneliness, and social isolation. More recently activity has developed which includes emotional support, bereavement, and mental health. A key element of the role will be the development of a contact centre operation to streamline our inbound communications and this team will also take away administrative duties across the organization.
What the Role Covers for Operations Manager Support Services
Support Services Helpdesk
- Recruit and Manage a Team Leader and helpdesk coordinator to run a busy helpdesk
- Work with colleagues at Operations Manager level for agreed support workstreams
- Deliver high call quality and agreed benchmarks for speed of calls answered
- Generate meaningful management reporting for colleagues
- Produce Board and external reporting on performance and referrals tracking
- Between yourself and the Team Leader ensure we are well connected to Health and Wellbeing Alliance colleagues to open inbound and outbound referral pathways
Finance, Income, Marketing and Fundraising
- In close partnership with the CEO manage the finance function to ensure relevant financial reports are delivered to the CEO and Board in a timely manner ahead of planned meetings
- Ensure all banking and invoicing is maintained in a timely manner
- Deputise for the CEO on the finance sub-committee as required
- Manage the trusts and foundations grant-writer to deliver planned income
- Develop the fundraising team, corporate, community, legacies, and in Memorium
- Develop a marketing function within the charity
- Liaise in relevant meetings with Treasurer, Accountancy firm and Finance Officer
- In close partnership with the CEO develop new income streams for the charity
Buildings and IT
- Manage the Salesforce Developer to manage workflows and request from Ops Managers for Salesforce for Charities and Power Bi dashboards to report on the performance
- Work closely with Mercury Maynard on IT needs; starters, joiners, compliance
- Liaise with Telnet for monitoring and managing telephony requirements
- Liaise with external contractors for buildings, architects for planned CAPEX changes and conjunction with the CEO
HR and Compliance
- Manage the Compliance Coordinator to ensure we deliver and maintain legal requirements
- Work with internal and external HR stakeholders to ensure the Operations Manual is maintained, up to date and available for stakeholders
- Support with corporate inductions as needed
Systems / Record Keeping
- Monitor compliance for support service for Salesforce for Charities
- Record and maintain cash records and banking receipts
- To implement and provide monitoring information against key grants as required
- To agree budgets with the CEO and maintain the support service operation effectively to the budgets
People / Team
- Inspire your team to deliver first-class support services to the wider team
- Support with corporate inductions as needed
- Cultivate a supportive approach within the team to colleague requests for help
- Be a trusted team member who is reliable and looked up to by colleagues
- Innovate and develop revenue streams for the charity
- Be a positive ambassador for Age Concern with all stakeholders
- Draw people into Age Concern through the welcome and service experience
- Cover the team as needed in periods of absence or holidays
- CEO of Age Concern Colchester & North East Essex
- Executive Assistant
- Operations Managers
- Specialist Support Services Team, as outlined
- Alliance organizations
- External contractors
- Colleagues in the NHS and Local Government
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Age Concern Colchester & North East Essex supports and empowers people to live better in later life.
- To be held in great trust in whatever we do
- To operate with compassion
- To bring together community
- To strive for excellence across the organisation
At Age Concern Colchester & North East Essex our underlying goals are to have as much impact on poverty, loneliness, health and wellbeing that we can. The Support Services function is being developed as an engine room designed to support the internal team and external stakeholders.
As an individual you will have boundless energy, a positive outlook and an innate desire to support those in later years live life better and to help people on their journey as part of their experience with us.
The role is permanent for 37.5 hours a week.
To join a high-performing team in a charity with a great current and future growth plan apply today.