Club and Activity Coordinator North East Essex
Jobs - Communities | Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom | Full Time and Contract
Club and Activity Coordinator - 30hrs North East Essex
What will you do?
- Network with organisations, agencies and parishes to identify the gaps for clubs and activities in hard to reach communities
- Promote activities and clubs within in the North East Essex area
- Engage with Communities to support in the set up of clubs and activities for people living in later years
- Recruit, manage, train and retain activity Volunteers who will support Clubs and activities in various locations
- Promote healthy living and well-being through activity
- Support anyone affected by Dementia to access clubs and activities
- Work alongside Volunteers in the Veranda and other venues
- Collect feedback to check activity is enjoyable and engaging
- Record attendance, outcomes and case studies
- Promote the befriending and dementia service in areas that older people may be socially isolated, due to rurality or people affected by dementia.
- Develop internal and external referrals so that attendees improve their life
What will you engage volunteers to do in their local community?
- Meet and greet attendees in a friendly, inclusive and supportive way
- Set up, run and close down activities.
- Manage subs and refreshments
What are your qualities?
- You will need to be friendly, outgoing, confident and able to juggle a range of priorities well
- You will be comfortable using a laptop and a data recording system as well as email and MS office
- Able to understand the confidential nature of our work and put in place relevant safeguarding procedures
- You will have a genuine desire to make a difference to people in very challenging personal circumstances
- You will need an understanding of Dementia and supporting anyone affected by dementia (training will be available)
- Be welcoming and empathetic to people living in later years
- Believe in empowering individuals to live an independent life
- Be encouraging and energetic, positive and patient
- Willing to work as part of a team and support other team members
What do you need to consider before applying?
- All our staff and volunteers go through the DBS process and thorough vetting (no costs)
- You will need to have a car, licence and business class insurance as there is travel across North East Essex
- Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage
- Experience in group facilitation an advantage
- Previous knowledge of Food hygiene, health and safety procedures and risk assessments desirable
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
What do we offer?
Age Concern is a friendly and enjoyable place to work. We work hard but also enjoy some downtime together. Due to the nature of our work, this is essential because we all have tougher days and need to be there to work through these days when they happen.
The organisation is growing our reach and activity because of the high demand for support. It is an exciting time to be a part of what we are doing, and this opportunity is about genuinely making a big difference to people. We take great pride in what we do, who we help and how we transform lives.
The role is permanent for 30 hours a week with flexible working between the hours of 8.30 am - 5 pm Mon - Fri.
What benefits do we offer our employees-
- 25 days annual leave + 8 days bank holiday (includes the detail below and pro-rata for part-time)
- Birthday off (or nearest day to it)
- A Christmas to New Year closure (paid for usual working days)
- 21 days leave – pro-rata for part-time
- 5% pension scheme
Some more information about us to help you understand what we do and how we do it.
Age Concern Colchester & North East Essex supports and empowers people to live better in later life.
- To be held in great trust in whatever we do
- To operate with compassion
- To bring together community
- To strive for excellence across the organisation
About Age Concern Colchester & North East Essex
Age Concern Colchester and North East Essex is a Charitable Organisation that is focused on making life better for individuals in later life. The current services that we provide cover: -
- Identifying benefit entitlements and supporting applications for those 60+ - £1.6m per year in benefits entitlements
- Providing a befriending service to more than 350 individuals in later years
- Supplying information and advice on practical support services around the home for those in later years
- Offering emotional support and referral to specialist bereavement and end of life services
- Connecting people in later years via community hubs, activities, and interest groups
The charity has gone through significant growth over the last couple of years and is now an independent charity that reaches people throughout Colchester, Witham, and North East Essex.