Engineering Services Manager
Engineering | San Mateo, CA | Full Time
Agari leads the industry in securing email and providing analytics for your email ecosystem. Our service supports DMARC and email authentication tools that stop email phishing. Our customers include some of the world’s largest banks, eCommerce sites, and social networks. Using our service, customers protect their brands and decrease the damage done by spam and targeted fraud. The biggest email providers in the world partner with us and look to Agari for leadership in fighting phishing.
We are looking for an experienced QA Engineer to join our team. The service is growing fast, but it is still in an early enough stage for you to make a big difference. This job can grow into a leadership position in the future.
- Work closely with Product Management to understand requirements.
- Communicate with developers and participate in architecture discussions to understand the design of the product.
- Choose, design, and implement tools for automation of testing of UI and server-side components.
- Plan and execute test cases.
- Support our version control and issue tracking process (create tags, deploy changes, file issue reports, etc.).
- Improve the development process to ensure a high quality product.
- 5+ years of professional experience in testing of all aspects of web applications and server-side components (functional, performance, longevity, stress, security, etc)
- Experience in creating test environments and building test automation.
- Good knowledge of test automation tools, including Selenium, Burp Suite, or similar
- Experience in creating and using virtualized test and staging environments.
- Experience in testing database-related issues. Knowledge of SQL. Some operational PostgreSQL or other RDBMS experience.
- Hands-on skills in scripting languages such as Ruby, Python, or Perl.
- Experience with version control (preferably Bzr) and issue tracking.
- Strong experience with Linux, FreeBSD, or similar OSes in both a user and development capacity.
- Knowledge of non-relational (No-SQL) database technologies is a plus.
- Experience of cloud computing may be of use (AWS or similar).
- Understanding email authentication technologies (SPF, DKIM, DMARC) is a plus.
- Enthusiasm to create and be a part of a great company
- Passion and personality to be a champion of Agari’s company culture
- Entrepreneurship, sense of urgency: The successful candidate will possess a high energy level, which allows them to react to situations quickly and decisively.
- Indomitable work ethic: The successful candidate will reject setbacks and will enthusiastically persist until ambitious goals are achieved. He or she will be resourceful and innovative at tackling complex open-ended challenges.
- Image and presence: The successful candidate will have significant exposure to executives, customers, investors and other key partners. As such, he or she must project the professional image of the company both internally and externally and be comfortable in these interactions.
- Accountability: Candidate should be a results oriented team player who leads by example, is accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of customer support.
- Flexible and adaptable: Should be able to switch gears in various high-stress situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) savings plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts for pre-tax commuter, health and dependent care benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Flexible Vaction Policy
- Friendly work environment
- Career advancement opportunities
Be a part of our great team. Make a big difference in the product, the company, and the world. Founded by the thought leaders behind Cisco’s IronPort solutions, the Agari platform provides global brands with the tools needed to proactively eliminate email threats, protect customers and prevent the loss of sensitive data. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Agari is backed by Alloy Ventures, First Round Capital, Greylock Partners and Scale Venture Partners.