Marketing | Fort Bend County, TX | Full Time
Located in Houston, TX, AffordableTours.com is a nationally recognized leader in the travel industry within the escorted tour market. We have been family owned since our start in 1999. As one of the country’s largest online travel agencies for guided & independent tours, AffordableTours.com also specializes in ocean cruises, river cruises, and all-inclusive resort vacations. We are primarily an online B2C agency and as an employee of AffordableTours.com, you will be representing a proud, industry leading brand.
The Marketing Specialist works in direct collaboration with the Director of Marketing & Web Strategies to develop strategic marketing plans that effectively improves lead generation and the sales capability of our Cruise department.
The Marketing Specialist is also responsible in the creation, scheduling, and sending of marketing emails with the intention of generating leads through emails.
- Create, schedule & send daily email marketing campaigns
- Create landing pages for specific campaigns
- Manage the messaging strategy for our Cruise department
- Identify and monitor KPIs to measure success
- Assist & backup with various marketing tasks when needed
This position is Non-Exempt, Full time Monday-Friday.
- 1-2 years hands-on experience in a combination of HTML/CSS, marketing communications, strategy and development
- Direct experience conceptualizing, strategizing, and implementing a successful marketing strategy
- Superior ability to spearhead development and execution of marketing campaigns and strategic initiates that drive revenue and lead opportunity
- Demonstrate creative and critical thinking skills, sound judgment, problem solving and diplomatic skills with a focus on bottom line results
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills with a proven track record of successfully leading projects
- Keen attention to detail and willingness to get the work done
- Ability to work proactively and independently in a fast-pace setting involving numerous projects, deadlines and stakeholders
- Creativity to think ‘outside the box’, developing multi-faceted campaigns effectively joining mixed outlets of web, print and direct mail efforts
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe software, including Photoshop and Dreamweaver
- Proficient knowledge of all Microsoft Office products
- Proficient in Gmail and other Google apps, including Google Analytics
- Self-motivated and thrives with little supervision
- Individuals with strong work ethic with solid employment history
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Preferred but not required
- At least a bachelor’s degree from a major 4-year university with a focus in Communications, Marketing, or related field or direct comparative work experience.
AffordableTours.com offers employee benefits such as, medical, vision and dental insurance, 401k, etc. Affordabletours.com provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Affordabletours.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Affordabletours.com expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Affordabletours.com employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.