Admin | Boston, MA | Full Time
AeroShield is making the next generation of energy-efficient windows possible by manufacturing the first ultra-clear, super-insulating aerogel sheets.
Windows are critical elements of comfort and productivity, but in the United States they cost $40 billion in heating and cooling energy. Every year 50+ million new window units add to this growing problem, but what if we were no longer forced to choose between insulating our walls for indoor comfort and accessing natural daylight and beautiful outdoor views? Scientists from MIT have developed breakthrough advances in nanoporous glass, the same material used to insulate spacecraft, to enable a new performance class of windows that offer affordability and efficiency.
New super-insulating material developed by AeroShield is designed to drop inside existing double-pane window manufacturing to create a window 50% more insulating – reducing energy use and improving comfort. Sealing AeroShield inside new windows enables energy payback 5x faster than comparable products. Our thin, lightweight solution can be delivered and integrated into existing window manufacturing, achieving high performance at a low cost to enable $10 billion in energy savings and >500 million tons of CO2 reduction (nearly half of current US homes’ annual emissions)!
We aren’t the only ones excited: founded out of MIT in 2019, AeroShield has established manufacturing R&D activities in Hyde Park (Boston), MA since March of 2020. The company raised over $2.8 M in funding to begin producing prototypes, and is already working with 4 DOE national labs, 2 cleantech incubators, and was selected for the Activate Boston 2020 cohort. AeroShield won MIT’s $100k Clean Energy Prize, Cleantech Open National Grand Prize, and earned the founders and inventors recognition in Forbes 30 Under 30: Energy.
The candidate will work directly with Co-founder & VP of Operations, Aaron Baskerville-Bridges, as well as AeroShield’s mentor and advisor network to support AeroShield’s scale-up and market entry. This role will provide an exciting and fast-paced environment to shape business operations, communications, and culture.
This role is responsible for supporting the company’s day-to-day business operations, maintaining and creating company policies, and external communications. This role is ideally suited to someone who loves startups, impactful & sustainable technology, and working with a team passionate about the company mission.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support accounting and bookkeeping functions with invoice processing, expense classification, and grant report submissions
- Perform HR functions including running payroll and tracking timesheets
- Responsible for maintaining contact database and supporting external communication (e.g. investor updates, newsletters, etc.)
- Build, improve, review, recommend, and launch new policies and procedures related to business operations, finance, and employee experience in a startup environment
Background & Experience
Ideally this candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated interest in operations, people and culture, and cleantech
- Excellent time management skills and an attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information and sensitive matters with discretion and a high level of professional judgement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in office management, grant administration, marketing & communications, or startups or is preferred but not necessary