Business Development | San Mateo, CA | Full Time
We are expanding our team and we are looking for a VP, Demand for the North American region.
In this role you will report to the SVP Global Demand, working in our San Mateo, California headquarters.
As VP of Demand, you will manage a team to evangelize the digital audio advertising format and drive the adoption and usage of our DSP platform (‘AudioMatic) by broadcast and digital teams, ad agency trading desks, and other programmatic traders in the U.S.and Canada. Your team will nurture and grow those partnerships by providing great consultative service and support.
You will also manage our relationships with leading media sales partners that sell the media in AdWave, our global audio advertising marketplace, to maximize revenue for the premium publishers that participate.
In this role, you will leverage your knowledge and connections in the media sales and programmatic advertising industries to build strategic relationships with all of our demand partners. This position requires close coordination with your colleagues who manage relationships with our publisher partners. In addition, you will provide critical market input to our product teams as they continue to enhance our DSP and Exchange products.
We are looking for someone with an unquenchable thirst to win and a passion for helping music streaming services to adapt to the digital world and helping advertisers to embrace new ways of engaging with consumers. The ideal candidate will thrive in our fast paced, results-driven, start-up culture.
- Help define AdsWizz's strategic positioning in the rapidly growing programmatic audio space
- Build strategic relationships with key decision makers at media agencies, agency trading desks, and other sources of programmatic demand.
- Understand the needs of these buyers and actively advocate on their behalf to our product organization. Leverage data-driven user insights to influence product change.
- Monitor the evolving marketplace and make strategic recommendations to keep our company at the forefront of the industry. Continually educate our business and product teams.
- Build strong strategic relationships with our current media sales partners and support their efforts to drive strong revenue growth. Identify and negotiate relationships with additional sales partners in key verticals.
- Regularly interact with buyers using our tools to provide assistance, and work with sales partners to represent the unique value of the inventory in our Exchange.
- Travel and engage with partners in innovative ways that foster engagement and account growth. (25%)
- Passion and enthusiasm: willing to do every day what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to handle work in a fast-paced environment and to work with international teams.
- Open and flexible attitude to execute tasks at every level.
- A strong sense of humor and sound judgment.
- 10+ years of business development experience in digital advertising, ideally working for a programmatic platform, DSP, or trading desk.
- A bachelor’s degree. MBA is a plus.
- A strong understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem and technologies (e.g., AdServing, AdExchanges, DSP’s, etc.).
- Established relationships with media agencies, trading desks and buyers.
- Advertising Platform Sales experience (ideally with another major DSP).
- An entrepreneurial, self-starter mentality
- The ability to negotiate partnership contracts
- Strong organizational, process and analytical skills and are detail-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong affinity to the online industry and Advertising business models.
- Desire to travel (25%)
- Casual and friendly working environment with opportunities to impact the company with your ideas and involvement
- Technological diversity
- Working in an international/multi-cultural team
- Competitive remuneration package
- Bonus programs for excellence and achievement
AdsWizz is the leading technology provider of advertising solutions for the digital audio industry. The company seamlessly connects the digital audio advertising ecosystem with its suite of platforms and software solutions. AdsWizz provides leading audio publishers with advanced server-side and client-side insertion software, and with audio-centric ad serving and supply-side platforms. AdsWizz also operates the largest premium audio ad marketplace and provides ad networks and programmatic trading desks with solutions to effectively trade online audio inventory.
AdsWizz powers the world’s leading audio publishers, agencies, advertisers, and digital ad-sale teams. The company is based in San Mateo, California with teams in Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at http://www.AdsWizz.com/