Technical Support Engineer
Operations | San Mateo, CA | Full Time
Do you love helping people? Do you love solving problems? AdsWizz is hiring a Technical Support Engineer based in San Mateo, CA. As a Tech Support Engineer extraordinaire, you will be on the frontline of Adswizz’s customer care and support. This champion will resolve complex technical issues with enthusiasm, composure under pressure and a customer first attitude. S/he should be comfortable translating complex technical issues into language that all levels of tech aptitude can understand. The Tech Support Engineer focuses on handling inbound escalations/inquiries that range from simple best practices to digging into our platform tech - simply help us be the best in tackling client’s needs!
-Act as a Single Point of Contact for all Customers/Partners (portfolio includes Publishers, Ad Networks, CDNs and trading desks) reporting issues or in need of technical assistance
-Provide support for customers via ticketing systems, e-mail, phone conferences and live remote sessions when needed
-Manage critical customer escalations and facilitate communication between customers and AdsWizz engineering teams
-Triage, diagnose, test, and replicate customer reported issues
-Help improve processes and tools
-Create and curate knowledge-base articles and documentation to help other support folks and customers help themselves
-Provide technical support to Adswizz business teams
-Develop technical specialties (major directions being Cloud Technologies and Streaming Services) that pave the way to career growth
-Passion and enthusiasm; willing to do whatever it takes to win
-Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience: Computers Science, Mathematics, Business IT, or related discipline.
-2+ years as a support engineer working large scale systems
-Prior experience of customer interfacing roles
-Complex problem solving skills
-Familiarity with support procedures, ticketing systems and customer portals like Zendesk and Jira
-Willingness to work "shifted" work hours to allow some business hours overlap with North American partners is mandatory
-Experience with SQL, Linux OS and scripting, network troubleshooting, streaming servers like Icecast, SHOUTcast, Wowza or FMS
- Ability in understanding systems architectures
- Hands on experience with software deployment and IT operations
- Experience with emerging audio/video streaming technologies (desirable but not mandatory)
- Ability to handle work in a fast-paced environment and to work with international teams.
- Open and flexible attitude to execute tasks at every level.
What’s in it for you:
- Casual & friendly working environment with opportunities to impact the company with your ideas and involvement, flexible working hours
- Technology diversity
- Working in an international/multi-cultural team
- Smart people all around that want to aim for the sky, real technical challenges
-Bonus program for excellence and achievement