Seeking: The Most Interesting Engineer In The World
Engineering | San Francisco, CA
Do you dream of writing code that will be seen by nearly everyone you know? Do you yearn to build a 100% cloud-deployed infrastructure that deftly scales to handle billions of requests and is capable of self-healing when trouble strikes?
Join us in making this vision a reality. You'll team up with a colorful, but tight-knit engineering squad which includes a pilot, a guy who hacks cars, an ex-Marine intelligence officer, and an Italian black belt.
For this key position, you must write solid code, understand complex systems, competently evaluate scalability trade-offs (eg, disk vs cpu vs memory), and quickly troubleshoot issues. You learn fast and are excited to dig into the latest technologies. Our stack includes Python, Erlang, RabbitMQ, Postgres, HBase, Hadoop, Redis and our own open-sourced solutions.
More than anything, you do your best work when you have lots of freedom and can take ownership of your projects from concept to finish.
AdRoll is a rapidly growing, well-funded startup based in downtown San Francisco. You'll find a small team of smart, driven and friendly people who are passionate about solving challenging problems. We run the retargeting platform with the largest customer base and swim in the complex, yet exciting new world of real-time advertising. We work with many great brands you've heard of (Tom's Shoes, Microsoft, Tivo, Hipmunk) and many more you haven't. We've been on a rocket ship ride, and 2012 is shaping up to be our brightest year yet.
Our technology is continually pushing the boundaries. We run a global infrastructure that handles millions of requests, participates in even more real-time auctions, crunches big data in real-time while serving hundreds of happy advertisers. Google recently published a case study on our technology and approach.
We believe strongly in team chemistry, and have a heck of a lot of fun building a world class company. Our company is a highly talented group with backgrounds at Microsoft, Paypal, NASA, Y Combinator, Aptimus, Comscore, and CBS Interactive. We’re backed by some of the savviest investors in the space, including Merus Capital, Accel Partners and Peter Thiel.
- Skill in diverse programming languages, and can rapidly learn new ones
- Naturally takes initiative
- Has a genuine interest in Open Source and has personal projects
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Redis, Cassandra, HBase, and/or Hive
- BS or MS in computer science or related field
- Software development experience (5+ years)
- Knowledge of Amazon EC2 or other cloud-computing services
- Knowledge of Python and its libraries
- You know how to build a traffic light build status sign
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical/dental benefits
- Paid time off, paid holidays
- Stock options
- Opportunity to win the coveted Golden Bagel