Technical Support Engineer
Customer Success | Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Full Time
Who We Are
Administrate builds an online training platform that helps training providers save time and increase their course bookings. Our mission is to make our customer’s training operations and training courses run more efficiently so they can focus more on what they do best and less on admin.
We are a fast growing, young, energetic company, with an established global customer base, a solid core team, and a clear vision.
You love a challenge and want to be the best. You take pride and ownership in everything you do, and you love helping people achieve their goals.
You’re a great communicator and don't mind jumping on the phone to follow up on that well crafted email you previously sent. You have a great technical mind and love digging into the details of something, discovering the reasons behind why something isn't working, fixing it, and communicating that well to others, especially customers. People want to work with you. At work you adhere to high standards, take input, provide input, and wrestle with problems until they're solved cleanly. You enjoy working on a very creative team in a collaborative fashion, and you're not afraid to suggest improvements on how the team could do a better job.
You love to work with smart, creative people and hate mediocrity. Small teams, dynamic organisations, and flexible working environments are what you thrive in. Bureaucracy is for someone else who likes wasting time and effort.
Your work day goes by quickly and you leave at the end of the day with a smile on your face.
You hate bad customer service. You love going the extra mile and experiencing outstanding support, and it bugs you that these interactions are more rare than they should be. You know deep down you could do better and you're not afraid to speak up if you think something isn't working and badly impacting customer experience.
What You'll Do
You’ll love our customers and help them be successful. Specifically, you will work as one of the core members of our help desk as the front line of technical support for the company. You’ll work closely with our sales, support and training teams to make sure our customers get what they need, when they need it. You will be a major part of the brand our customers experience, and you'll help provide feedback to our product, account management, sales, and marketing teams.
You’ll have an open mind and are willing to learn our systems quickly. You will take advantage of our career development track and own your career progression within Administrate. Opportunities abound.
What You’ll Need
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for transformative, meaningful, simply outstanding customer support.
- Great problem solving skills, in particular technical problem solving.
- Must be able to interpret a stack trace and read scripted server side programming languages (e.g. Python, PHP, Perl, Ruby) to diagnose a fault.
- Must understand structured data (XML, JSON, relational databases) and be able to run SQL queries.
- Exposure to REST APIs is highly desired.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle is highly desired.
- A desire to be the best at what you do.
- A desire to quickly and efficiently work through problems but also be able to identify patterns that may emerge, take ownership and ensure issues are resolved for the long term benefit of our customers.
- A desire to learn quickly and deeply about a wide range of issues, and a drive to continually improve.
- A very strong work ethic, with a track record for getting things done in a high pressure, time sensitive environment.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a similar customer focused remote support role required.
- Candidates available to work an early morning shift (start time 7 AM) are an ideal match.
Where We Are
We are located in the city centre of Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland. Our offices are in the Edinburgh CodeBase, at the heart of the Scottish startup scene.