Chemistry | Medford, OR | Full Time | Opened about 1 month ago
Acorn CBD distills and winterizes bulk hemp oil, setting the standards for quality and purity. Acorn CBD's purpose is to enhance society and heal the world by manufacturing safe hemp products that we trust to give to our families and clients. Our goal is to replace the negative social stigma associated with hemp, with an all-natural, bio-nutraceutical approach.
With a focus on standardized dosing, products produced at Acorn CBD provide all of the potential medicinal benefits of cannabis, without the risks associated with the variations in the current marketplace. Standardized dosing, testing and research are the first step to confirming the effectiveness of medicinal hemp. Hemp entering the Acorn CBD facility is sent to an independent third party laboratory for microbial and pesticide screening.
A Laboratory Technician I is responsible for following the work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) of Acorn CBD (the “Company”) for the processing, purification, and manufacturing of hemp-based materials. A Laboratory Technician I must maintain a cohesive department by implementing company policies, procedures, and position-specific duties and expectations. A Laboratory Technician I reports to the shift supervisor, supervisor and Lab manager.
- Learn to conduct routine procedures and analyses in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, SOPs, and regulatory agency guidelines
- Accurately take measurements, document work, and maintain laboratory records
- Use laboratory equipment and instruments and learn how to use software appropriate for assigned tasks
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment, including the cleaning of laboratory supplies
- Attend and participate in laboratory meetings
- Plan assigned workload on a daily basis in coordination with management and team members to effectively schedule multiple assignments.
- Contribute to a cohesive team environment
- Meet project and production deadlines in collaboration with colleagues
- Prepare samples for analysis
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- AAS Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics or high school diploma plus 1+ years of comparable laboratory or manufacturing experience
- BS Degree in Engineering or Chemistry preferred
- Chemical Hygiene training preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English required
- Word Processing and spreadsheet creation/completion (Microsoft and Google suites)
- Ability to keep accurate and diligent records required
- Ability to work with supervision in a fast paced, self-directed environment
- Ability to read and follow scientific laboratory methods and procedures required
- Basic knowledge of chemical handling and storage required
- Strong teamwork skills required
- Basic understanding of laboratory processes, such as serial dilutions, filtration, distillation, and chromatography preferred
This position will perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces. This position includes extending used of hands during the manual transfer or manipulation of materials. This position will also occasionally lift items of up to 50lbs as part of daily procedures.
Acorn CBD provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.