Chemistry | Medford, OR | Full Time
JOB TITLE: Laboratory Assistant
SUMMARY: A Laboratory Assistant is responsible for following the work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) of IAH Oregon LLC (the “Company”) for the fulfillment of all housekeeping and facility maintenance tasks. A Laboratory Assistant must maintain a cohesive environment by implementing company policies, procedures, and position-specific duties and expectations. A Laboratory Technician I reports to the Laboratory Manager or General Manager
- Prepare lab equipment for use
- Clean and maintain lab equipment and supplies with an emphasis on GMP/ISO cleaning standards
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment with cleaning and disinfecting standards set by the company
- Monitor inventory levels, stock consumables and help with warehouse organization
- Plan assigned workload on a daily basis in coordination with management and team members to effectively schedule multiple assignments.
- Contribute to a cohesive team environment with assistance in various tasks and tracking of data
- Meet project and production deadlines in collaboration with colleagues
- Prepare samples for analysis
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma plus 1+ years of comparable laboratory or manufacturing experience
- Housekeeping/ cleaning experience
- Chemical Hygiene training preferred
- Effective cleaning and sanitization with a desire to spend most of the day cleaning
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English required
- Word Processing and spreadsheet creation/completion (Microsoft and Google suites)
- Ability to keep accurate and diligent records required
- Ability to work with supervision in a fast paced, self-directed environment
- Ability to read and follow scientific laboratory methods and procedures required
- Basic knowledge of chemical handling and storage required
- Strong teamwork skills required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position will perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces. This position includes extending used of hands during the manual transfer or manipulation of materials. This position will also occasionally lift items of up to 50lbs as part of daily procedures.
IAH Oregon, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.