Senior Project Manager
Project Management | Achieve HQ - West Palm Beach | Full Time
Are you interested in working at one of the BEST PLACES TO WORK in Florida? Does an opportunity to work at a mature stage start-up-like company appeal to you? Do you have solid skills and a drive to continuously improve performance? If you are looking to join a passionate team, please read on!
About the Position:
Achieve has an opening for a Senior Project Manager. This is a key role in our Project Management group with significant impact on project activities and corporate success. This role has a wide range of responsibilities, from working with leadership on cross-team prioritization & execution strategies, to driving strategic cross-functional business initiatives from inception-to-launch, to working day-to-day with our agile development teams. It requires a highly motivated individual with an eye for detail while keeping perspective on the big picture; someone who can excel in cross-group collaboration and communication with a drive to make things happen.
- Experience: Mid-level to Senior (Minimum 5 to 8+ years of experience)
- Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
- Salary: Range based on experience
What you will be doing:
- Manage Online Software Development project activities for multiple projects across all project phases, including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, control, and closure.
- Manage open source web projects on Drupal and/or WordPress
- Work collaboratively with development team, lead architect and the product owner to determine requirements to execute project activities.
- Create, manage and track project vehicles, including, but not limited to:
- Project schedules
- Detailed project plans
- Project scope statements
- Cost estimates
- Resource plans
- Manage risk
- Status reports
- Manage the day-to-day activities of projects and staff; communicate with agile teams as necessary to ensure project deliverables are on schedule and on budget.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external customers as needed in regards to project deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with sponsors.
- Make decisions and communicate trade-offs and risks; drive key decisions across projects.
- Coach and train project team members on project management processes and best practices.
What you need:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and must be able to work from West Palm Beach, FL Headquarters.
- 5+ years of experience in the web software industry with 2 years of direct program management experience with software initiatives. Experience managing multiple teams in Agile Scrum preferred.
- 2+ years of experience managin open source web projects on Drupal and/or WordPress
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Business Administration, Management, Project Management, Computer Science. PMP preferred.
- Fundamental understanding of enterprise-level online software web development practices. Experience with managing large-scale custom development projects preferred.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook.
- Proficient with cloud-based project management software. Experience with use of Atlassian software suite including JIRA Agile across multiple teams preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to adjust and set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage staff and stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills, including conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a professional manner with technology staff, business stakeholders, end users, management and others outside the organization.
- Ability to work in an agile team environment
- Ability to create strong, effective working teams
- Self-motivated with ability to drive projects.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, often with conflicting priorities
- Track record of program management & project completion
What You Get:
View Full Benefits @ achieveagency.com/careers
At Achieve, we fight the office stereotype of dull, boring and laborious. We embrace an organizational culture that is interactive, supportive and fun. The ideal person for the Project Coordinator position is someone who embodies the ideals of working at a mature startup – creative, autonomous, industrious and resourceful – as well as having the professionalism and discretion necessary to work with a diverse and high-profile client base. This person must be a master of organization and have an astute attention to detail, while being able to flourish within a vibrant, open office environment. This highly visible, valuable role at Achieve is vital to helping our fast-paced office run like clockwork.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY & COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because we believe that creates a stronger team.
Achieve values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. Achieve is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. All employees at Achieve are responsible for maintaining a work atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with dignity and respect.