Senior Drupal Developer & Architect
Development | Achieve HQ - West Palm Beach | Full Time
Are you interested in work that uses your Drupal skills for DOING GOOD and helping nonprofits further their mission? Do you have solid skills and a drive to continuously improve performance? If you are looking to join a passionate team, please read on!
- Title: Senior Drupal Developer / Architect
- Type: Full Time Employment
- Location: West Palm Beach Office
In-house Drupal expert to develop custom features/modules for our custom D8 Distribution and client projects. Designing, writing, troubleshooting, testing and maintaining custom module and site configuration code. Helping themers, site builders and other developers as needed. Participating in peer code review (both as a reviewer and reviewee) to advance understanding and ensure best-practices compliance. Meet with internal and client resources to assist in developing architecture requirements and planning.
- Configure Drupal and create custom modules in Drupal 8 and Drupal Commerce 2.0 to meet requirements
- Work with internal and client resources to architect system requirements
- Collaborate with design, themeing and site building teams
- Debug and test complex multi-tier systems
- Develop developer documentation and process workflow diagrams
What you need:
- 5+ years of Drupal 6/7/8 site building and module development.
- Demonstrated experience developing with key Drupal core APIs, including form API, menu system, database abstraction layer, theme API, other Drupal API hooks.
- Demonstrated experience developing with Drupal contrib module APIs, especially Views API and CTools API.
- Demonstrated experience using Features to push exportable configuration between environments.
- Strong database knowledge, specifically MySQL expertise.
- Familiarity with Drupal coding standards (http://drupal.org/coding-standards).
- Fluency with common Git commands and using GitHub and/or BitBucket
- Experience with the Pantheon Hosting Environment and developer workflows
- Ability to conduct requirements analysis with clients.
- Broad familiarity with the Drupal contrib space, and ability to judge when best to use or extend contrib functionality versus when to build a custom solution.
- Strong problem solving abilities, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
Nice to Have:
- Experience developing automated unit and front-end tests for custom software
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as CircleCI and Travis
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization
- Experience architecting Decoupled/Headless Drupal solutions supporting multiple front-ends
- Experience developing with alternate front-end platforms such as node.js, Angular, Ember or React
- Have contributed patches, support, documentation, etc. to the Drupal core codebase
- Experience working in an agency environment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
- Veterans highly encouraged to apply
- Work in our West Palm Beach Offices
- No contract, agency or off-shore applications please
View Full Benefits @ achieveagency.com/careers
At Achieve, we fight the office stereotype of dull, boring and laborious. We embrace an organizational culture that is interactive, supportive and fun. The ideal person for the Senior Drupal Developer & Architect position is someone who embodies the ideals of working at a mature startup – creative, autonomous, industrious and resourceful – as well as having the professionalism and discretion necessary to work with a diverse and high-profile client base. This person must be a master of organization and have an astute attention to detail, while being able to flourish within a vibrant, open office environment. This highly visible, valuable role at Achieve is vital to helping our fast-paced office run like clockwork.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY & COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because we believe that creates a stronger team.
Achieve values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. Achieve is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. All employees at Achieve are responsible for maintaining a work atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with dignity and respect.