Creative | Indianapolis, IN | Part Time, Contract, Temporary, and Temp to Perm
About the Position:
Achieve is seeking a copywriter to help develop and edit content for a wide range of online and traditional projects, including websites, blog posts, articles, fundraising appeals, email content, social media ads, press releases, campaign taglines, e-books, video scripts, research reports and more.
Our ideal candidate has diverse experience in writing and editing for nonprofit and for-profit campaigns, research reports and ghostwriting executive pieces. In addition to proven expertise in writing, editing, grammar and AP style, the copywriter should possess excellent oral communication, interviewing and research skills. The copywriter must also have the ability to manage projects, organize information and deliver on deadlines.
Preferred candidates will have experience writing and editing professionally in an agency or corporate setting. Candidates may be subject to a writing/editing test. Portfolio samples required for consideration.
- Experience: Mid-level to Senior
- Location: Indianapolis
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
This position is for a four-month contract with the possibility of full-time depending on performance and Achieve’s needs.
What you will be doing:
This copywriter role will contribute well-written and expert content to a wide range of agency projects. This position requires a personality that is energized by change and challenge. As we work with a diverse range of organizations, causes, and clients, this copywriter needs to enjoy learning about new practices and evaluating ways to improve Achieve’s service model.
Clients and Projects
Research, Strategy and Creative
Development copy, editing and proofing: Copywriter must desire to become an expert in the cause space.
- Development plans, multichannel campaigns including direct mail, email and social media, presentations, major gift and sponsorship decks, etc.
Research copy, editing and proofing: Copywriter must be able to take data and analysis and articulate the findings in an easy-to-understand report format.
- Reports, executive summaries, overviews, presentations etc.
Thought leadership copy, editing and proofing: Copywriter must be comfortable and confident with ghostwriting.
- Pieces for national publications, writing for industry-specific blogs and editing and proofing books and other educational material
- Internal projects: Copywriter must be willing to jump in on both client and internal projects as needed.
- As needed, develop copy for and edit/proof marketing pieces including (but not limited to) blogs, email marketing, social ads, press releases and more.
What you need:
- Must be a U.S. citizen / able to work in the U.S.
- Proven experience in writing and editing for campaigns
- Fluent in AP Style
- Can adapt writing style to match a client’s voice
- Risk taker & trier of new things
- Become final gatekeeper for materials going out the door
- Strategic thinker
- Eager and able to learn new things and stay on top of current marketing and fundraising trends
- Maintain integrity and a high degree of personal responsibility
- Comfortable meeting tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Appreciate and assimilate constructive criticism
- Comfortable multi-tasking as a key player on a variety of projects
- Self-starter and detail-oriented
- Enjoy working as part of a team
Achieve is a research and marketing agency for causes.
As the people who brought you The Millennial Impact Project and MCON, we help you investigate, activate and motivate people for your purpose. We leverage our expertise in research, strategy, creative and technology to understand and inspire your audience – whether current or yet to be discovered – to take action. For your cause, company, event or organization, we are more than a vendor or a consultant. We become a partner in your mission and a champion in your success.
With Achieve, you’ll learn more, do more and change more – for good.