HVAC Technician - Entry Level, Women & Men encouraged to apply!
Maintenance | Kent, WA | Full Time
AAA Heating & Air Conditioning has been locally owned and operated since 1989. We focus mainly on residential retrofit with some light commercial as well. We provide maintenance, service, installation, duct renovation, duct cleaning, and Aeroseal for our customers' heating and cooling systems.
About the Maintenance Training Program:
AAA Heating & Air Conditioning is looking for strong candidates (both men and women!) for our Technician Training Program. We are committed to creating a skilled work force in the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) field through our program. Demand for skilled HVAC technicians is high, and we like to train our technicians from the ground up to make sure you are getting the proper training and education. We are currently accepting applications to fill our open Entry Level Maintenance Technician positions.
Special Note For Women:
We are fully committed to diversifying the HVAC work force by supporting and encouraging both women and men within our company. While this is traditionally a male-dominated industry, you will find that we employ technicians of both genders who are excelling in the field. We encourage you to contact us so we can help you explore your options and determine if this is the right career path for you.
What does a Maintenance Technician do?
You will be traveling to customer's homes and performing tune ups on their heating or cooling systems. We find that this is a perfect fit for people who have retail or sales backgrounds because you can relate to our customers well and are able to educate them on their furnaces. Not to sugar coat it-- while doing your tune ups, you'll be doing some sales that could include needed proactive repairs or maintenance agreements.
How does being a Maintenance Technician benefit you?
- You'll earn while you learn. You don't need to pay for vocational training, saving you thousands of dollars. Instead we pay you to learn on the job!
- You are learning a skilled trade that will allow you to be hired on at any HVAC company across the nation (but obviously we want you to stay with us still).
- You are entering a career that is in HIGH DEMAND. Fewer people are entering the trades these days, making the demand for skilled technicians high.
- You will have direct opportunity for growth into performing service with diagnostics and repairs as your skills increase.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present your findings to customers and sell solutions to their HVAC challenges.
- Ability to pass background, drug, and reference screening
- Clean driving record
Skills and traits that will help you succeed in this position:
- Strong work ethic
- Background in retail or sales
- Be comfortable with and physically able to climb ladders, work in crawl spaces and attics, and in all weather conditions
- Comfortable using technology, specifically iPads
- Detailed and accurate on paperwork
- Desire to go above and beyond expectations for customers
During your training period of approximately 2-3 months, you will be working Monday-Friday with an 8:30am start time. After that, you will transition to a Tuesday-Saturday schedule with a 10:30am start time. As new technicians are hired after you, you will be allowed to transition back to M-F if so desired.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Pay starts at $16/hour
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance -- We cover 100% of your premiums
- 401k with company matching
- Company vehicle with gas and insurance
- We pay for training and certifications
- Technical advancement:
- We provide technician training in our very own state of the art technical training laboratory
- We provide first hand access and support to the industry's very best on-site HVAC technical training
If you are interested in joining our company's team, please submit your resume. All contacts will be kept absolutely confidential. We're a drug free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.