HVAC Install Technician - Women & Men Encouraged To Apply!
Installation | Kent, WA | Full Time
AAA Heating & Air Conditioning has been locally owned and operated since 1989. We focus mainly on residential retrofit with some light commercial as well. We provide maintenance, service, installation, duct renovation, duct cleaning, and Aeroseal for our customers' heating and cooling systems.
About the Installation Training Program:
AAA Heating & Air Conditioning is looking for strong candidates (both men and women!) for our Installation Technician Training Program. We are committed to creating a skilled work force in the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) field through our program. Demand for skilled HVAC technicians is high, and we like to train our technicians from the ground up to make sure you are getting the proper training and education. We are currently accepting applications to fill our open Entry Level Installation Technician positions.
What does an InstallationTechnician do?
You will be traveling to customer's homes as one of a team of two installers. Your lead installer will direct you as you assist to remove the customer's old equipment and install new heating and cooling equipment. This includes tasks like running wire through walls, installing new duct work, placing line set, replacing venting, and putting new equipment in place. You will typically assist on 1-2 jobs a day.
Special Note For Women:
We are fully committed to diversifying the HVAC work force by supporting and encouraging both women and men within our company. While this is traditionally a male-dominated industry, you will find that we employ technicians of both genders who are excelling in the field. We encourage you to contact us so we can help you explore your options and determine if this is the right career path for you.
What does an Installation Technician do?
You will be working with a lead installer to install replacement or add on furnaces, air conditioners, and heat pumps in residential customers' homes. This involves removing their old equipment, putting the new equipment in place, electrical wiring, running refrigerant lines, modifying duct work, and much more.
How does being an Installation Technician benefit you?
- You'll earn while you learn. You don't need to pay for vocational training, saving you thousands of dollars. Instead we pay you to learn on the job!
- You are learning a skilled trade that will allow you to be hired on at any HVAC company across the nation (but obviously we want you to stay with us still).
- You are entering a career that is in HIGH DEMAND. Fewer people are entering the trades these days, making the demand for skilled technicians high.
- You will have direct opportunity for growth as your skills increase and you become the lead installer of your own crew.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong communication skills with the ability to talk about the install with customers
- Ability to pass background, drug, and reference screening
- Clean driving record
- Be comfortable with and physically able to safely help lift heavy equipment, climb ladders, work in crawl spaces and attics, and in all weather conditions.
Skills and traits that will help you succeed in this position:
- Strong work ethic
- Comfortable using technology, specifically iPads
- Detailed and accurate on paperwork
- Desire to go above and beyond expectations for customers
Compensation and Benefits:
- Pay starts at $16/hour
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k with company matching
- We pay for training and certifications
- Technical advancement:
- We provide technician training in our very own state of the art technical training laboratory
- We provide first hand access and support to the industry's very best on-site HVAC technical training
If you are interested in joining our company's team, please submit your resume. All contacts will be kept absolutely confidential. We're a drug free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.