HVAC Apprentice Technician - Entry Level, All Departments
All Departments: Service, Maintenance, Install, Duct Renovation | Kent, WA | Full Time
AAA Heating & Air Conditioning has been locally owned and operated since 1989. We focus mainly on residential retrofit with some light commercial as well. We provide maintenance, service, installation, duct renovation, duct cleaning, and Aeroseal for our customers' heating and cooling systems.
About the Apprenticeship:
AAA Heating & Air Conditioning is looking for strong candidates (both men and women!) for our Technician Apprenticeship Program. We are committed to creating a skilled work force in the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) field through our program. Demand for skilled HVAC technicians is high (trust us, finding a good skilled tech who is looking for work is like finding a unicorn), and we like to train our technicians from the ground up to make sure you are getting the proper training and education. We are currently accepting applications to fill open Apprenticeship Technician positions.
Our Apprentice Technicians can work in one or more of three areas in our company: Maintenance, Install, or Duct Renovation
- What does an Apprentice Maintenance Technician do? You will be traveling to customer's homes and performing tune ups on their heating or cooling systems. We find that this is a perfect fit for people who have retail or sales backgrounds because you can relate to our customers well and are able to educate them on their furnaces. Not to sugar coat it-- you'll be doing some sales with your tune ups.
- What does an Apprentice Install Technician do? You will be assisting lead installers with removing old equipment from customers' homes and replacing it with new equipment. You will be on one or two job sites a day and will learn how to be an installer from the ground up, which will eventually allow you to be a lead installer yourself.
- What does an Apprentice Duct Renovation Technician do? You will be assisting a lead duct renovation technician with duct and home testing, repairing and replacing duct work, duct cleaning, and sealing duct work with the Aeroseal method.
As an apprentice you'll earn while you learn. At first, you'll make less money than skilled HVAC specialists do. However when you progress through our program and get your electrical license through Washington State, you'll begin receiving the same pay and benefits as other skilled professionals in the HVAC industry.
You will learn the methods/processes as taught and supported by our on-site technical training school. You will have a chance to practice your skills and gain the necessary technical knowledge through hands on lab training as well as real life field training.
Workers who complete our two year program will earn more during their working years then those who just attend school. You will have coveted experience and knowledge that cannot be learned in any other environment.
- Mechanical aptitude with strong communication skills
- Ability to pass background check
- Abiliy to pass a drug test
- Clean driving record
Skills and traits that will help you succeed in this position:
- Strong work ethic
- Background in retail or sales
- Be comfortable with and physically able to climb ladders, work in crawl spaces and attics, and in all weather conditions
- Comfortable using technology, specifically ipads
- Detailed and accurate on paperwork
- Desire to go above and beyond expectations for customers
Compensation and Benefits:
- Pay starts at $12-15/hour
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k with company matching
- Company vehicle, gas, and insurance
- We pay for training and certifications
- We pay for and administrate all 06 Continuing Education training, prep classes for testing, affidavits, and your first testing fee
- We provide in house NATE prep classes and pay for testing and certification in house
- Technical advancement:
- We provide over 200 hours of technician training in our very own state of the art technical training laboratory
- We provide first hand access and support to the industry's very best on-site HVAC technical training
If you are interested in joining our company's team, please submit your resume. All contacts will be kept absolutely confidential. We're a drug free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.