Customer Service Representative
Customer Service | Kent, WA | Full Time
AAA Heating & Air Conditioning has been locally owned and operated since 1989. We focus mainly on residential retrofit with some light commercial as well. We provide maintenance, service, installation, duct renovation, duct cleaning, and Aeroseal for our customers' heating and cooling systems.
AAA Heating and Air Conditioning is looking for a Customer Service Representative who excels at logistics and using their resources to quickly research a response to customer inquiries or challenges. This person is extremely detailed and organized, is able to shine under pressure, and works well with a variety of personalities. We place a lot of trust and power in the hands of our Customer Service Representatives and we need someone who will be comfortable solving problems on their own without always needing to speak with a supervisor (there will be a considerable amount of training leading up to that). This job isn't a typical customer service job and we're looking for someone who doesn't want to be a typical customer service rep. You matter to us and are a valued part of our company, not just another number.
The position includes the following duties:
- Serve as customers' primary point of contact
- Own customer issues from start to finish
- Be one of several reps who are responsible for owning our busy multi-line phone system and scheduling customer appointments as they call in for service, maintenance, install, or duct renovations on their furnaces, heat pumps, or air conditioners.
- Scheduling pre-paid tune ups for customers on our maintenance agreements. This includes contacting customers via text, email, and/or phone.
- Making decisions that take into account multiple factors to dispatch technicians on the route best for them and our customers
- Processing technician invoices and following up with customers on recommendations or unfinished work
- Initiating our texting program after our customer appointments to make sure they are happy. If they aren't (which is fairly rare), taking responsibility for doing whatever it takes to keep them as customers and make them happy.
- Courtesy confirmation calls/texts for each appointment
- Ordering accurate parts or equipment for customers and keeping them informed of the progress every step of the way
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 year experience in an office or customer service setting with any sort of heavy phone responsibilities
- Able to pass background check
Skills and Traits needed to excel in this position:
- Be a keen problem solver with the ability to think on your feet
- Be a self-starter who is comfortable taking initiative
- A positive personality is what we are looking for to match our company culture
- Sales and/or marketing experience a plus
- Punctuality and attendance are key to this position
- Excellent computer skills
- Willing to go above and beyond when needed for our customers
- Multitasking is an absolute necessity with an ability to prioritize tasks.
- The ability to work fast and accurately due to a large volume of work with many variables that change daily.
- The ability to remain calm and collected under stress.
- Pay starts at $16-20/hr, depending on experience
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401k with company matching
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation
If you are interested in continuing a career in customer service and administration and have a strong work ethic, we encourage you to apply. This full time position is for 40 hours a week, Monday-Friday. Our office is open from 7am-6pm and you will be assigned a permanent shift of one of these three shifts: 7am-4pm, 8am-5pm, 9am-6pm. You must be flexible to switch to a different shift if it becomes a need for the company.
If you are interested in joining our company's team, please send your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be a good fit to the email posted. All contacts will be kept absolutely confidential. We're a drug free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.