Apprentice HVAC Technician
Maintenance | Kent, WA | Full Time
Earn while you learn. For those that are eagerly wanting to enter the great trade of HVAC, we can help! (Without the need of paying for 2 years of non paid trade school)
AA Heating & Air Conditioning has been locally owned and operated since 1989. We focus mainly on residential retrofit with some light commercial as well. We provide maintenance, service, installation, duct renovation, duct cleaning, and Aeroseal for our customers' heating and cooling systems.
About the HVAC Service Technician Training Program:
AAA Heating & Air Conditioning is looking for strong candidates (both men and women!) for our Technician Training Program. We are committed to creating a skilled work force in the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) field through our program. Demand for skilled HVAC technicians is high, and we like to train our technicians from the ground up to make sure you are getting the proper training and education. We are currently accepting applications to fill our open Entry Level Service Technician positions.
What does an HVAC Service Technician in training do?
You will be training with industry experts, learning to perform Preventative maintenance and eventually Service Diagnostic work. We find that this is a perfect fit for people who have a good mechanical aptitude. Some sales or good communication skills are also helpful, because you can relate to our customers well and are able to educate them on their heating & cooling systems. While performing your daily service for our customers, you'll be expected to provide comfort, health and safety recommendations and sales during the service process. Technicians in training may also move into our HVAC installation department, if this work better suits your skill set.
How does being an HVAC Service Technician in training benefit you?
- You'll earn while you learn. You don't need to pay for vocational training, saving you thousands of dollars. Instead we pay you to learn on the job!
- You are learning a skilled trade making you a valuable co-worker.
- You are entering a career that is in HIGH DEMAND. Fewer people are entering the trades these days, making the demand for skilled technicians high.
- You will have direct opportunity for growth into performing service with diagnostics and repairs as your skills increase.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong communication and some sales skills always helps. Have the ability to present your findings to customers and provide solutions to their HVAC challenges.
- Ability to pass background checks and reference screening
- Clean driving record (Must be able to drive our company vehicles)
Skills and traits that will help you succeed in this position:
- Strong work ethic
- Background in sales or an outgoing confident communicator
- Be comfortable with and physically able to climb ladders, work in tight spaces, and in all weather conditions
- Comfortable using technology, specifically iPads
- Detailed and accurate on paperwork
- Desire to go above and beyond expectations for customers
During your probationary training period of approximately 1-2 months, you will be working Monday-Friday with an 8:30am start time. After that, you can transition to a Tuesday-Saturday 8 hr per day schedule with a 10:30am start time, or Wednesday- Saturday 10 hrs per day schedule with 8:30am start time. As more techs come into our organization techs can move into a Monday through Friday schedule
Compensation and Benefits:
- The opportunity to earn up to 100k per year through your hourly pay and performance incentives
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance -- We cover 100% of your premiums
- 401k with company matching
- Company vehicle with gas and insurance
- We pay for training and certifications
- Technical advancement:
- We provide technician training in our very own state of the art technical training laboratory
- As an L&I approved training contractor, we are also able to provide the state mandated continued education hours directly in our classroom and Laboratory.
If you are interested in joining our company's team, and are willing to make the commitment needed, please submit your resume. All contacts will be kept absolutely confidential. We're a an equal opportunity employer.