People Operations Manager
Ops | Berlin, Berlin, Germany | Full Time and Part Time
People Operations Manager
Position: Full time
Start Date: As soon as possible
99designs is a global graphic design marketplace with a worldwide designer community. We’ve served more than 500,000 customers and manage our business out of 3 offices: Melbourne, Oakland and Berlin.
You’re a natural when it comes to creating the best work environment for employees? We're on the lookout for a friendly individual with creative energy, great communication- and excellent people skills.
We’re 25 people in our Berlin office, taking care of our European customers and creating marketing campaigns for European and global markets. To help us do our job even better, we’re looking for an Operations Manager to manage our growing Berlin office.
You’ll be reporting to our Managing Director and working closely with the Managers in the office. You’ll also be part of a global work group of peers to bring our global benefits and policies across.
- Manage all HR related aspects
- Work closely with your peers in our 2 offices in Melbourne and Oakland to establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Manage the financial aspects of our Berlin operation, be the contact person for our accountants (financial and payroll accounting)
- Be a sounding board for the team leads in the Berlin office (Marketing, Sales, Support) and help them grow their team
- Provide and optimize the infrastructure (office space, software, perks, kitchen, team events)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors and purchase all office needs
- Plan and execute team events and trainings
- Last but not least be the keeper of the culture and a trusted person employees can turn to if they need help
- 5-10 years proven experience
- General understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc. and competency in HR and/or accounting field
- Outstanding organizational skills and detail orientation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Proficient English speaker, fluent in German
- Good IT Skills and experienced working with Mac
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field, or bookkeeping education
Working with Us
Our Berlin office is made up of a talented international team with big plans and a passion for great design. Located right in the heart of Kreuzberg, we’re just steps away from the lively cafes and bars that fill Bergmannstraße. We offer a variety of employee perks including Friday happy hours, bi-weekly office lunches, free gym memberships, a dog-friendly environment, a full kitchen stocked with an espresso machine and the opportunity to work with our teams in Melbourne, Australia and Oakland, California.
99designs is the world’s largest on-demand design marketplace, connecting a global community of freelance designers with businesses of all sizes to complete their design needs. Created by designers for designers, 99designs began with a group of designers who were competing together to create the best designs. In 2008, that friendly competition grew into a design marketplace that has now become the world leader in online graphic design.
If the idea of connecting designers and businesses around the world makes your heart beat faster, then let’s get to know you!
Please apply with a cover letter and CV, your salary expectations and your earliest start date.
We look forward to hear from you,
The 99designs team in Berlin
Check out our design marketplace: www.99designs.com