Chief of Staff
Executive | New York City | Full Time
Chief of Staff
70 Faces Media is looking for an enthusiastic, versatile and well-organized professional to provide support and project management to our Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer.
The ideal candidate will be a process-oriented self-starter who won’t be afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to tackle projects both big and small. We need someone who will help the team succeed, enjoys diversity in their work, and brings energy and enthusiasm to whatever they do. The Chief of Staff will work in close collaboration with team members across 70 Faces Media and report directly to the the CEO.
A not-for-profit organization with about 25 employees and hundreds of freelancers, 70 Faces Media is the largest and most diverse Jewish media organization in North America. We operate several digital brands — including Kveller, JTA, MyJewishLearning, Jewniverse, and The Nosher, — and an international syndication service.
What you’ll do:
· Work with senior management to:
– Ensure timely implementation of strategic and operating plans
– Plan, coordinate and track work of related board committees
– Prepare package and presentation materials for board meetings
· Produce monthly and quarterly reports tracking progress and identifying problems in implementation of strategic and operating plans
· Work with CEO to prepare board and external communications
· Work with COO to implement staff review process and other culture drivers
· Create, get buy-in for and implement the processes that will support the achievement of these responsibilities
· 2+ years project management experience or similar relevant experience
· Excellent writing and communication skills
· Curiosity and strong problem solving skills
· Experience in putting processes in place and tracking progress of projects/processes
· Ability to multi-task and work with many people
· Hard worker who’s driven and has a fantastic attitude
· Strong organizational skills and strict attention to detail
· Familiarity with Excel and PowerPoint
· Experience with and interest in technology a plus