Technology Consulting Services | Arlington, VA
A start-up technology consulting firm that supports the Federal Government and Department of Defense by building awesome web and mobile applications and supporting APIs. We push our clients and the programs we support to act more like a start-up and less like a government agency. (Yes, I know this sounds crazy.)
About the job:
We are seeking a full-time, experienced Drupal developer to work alongside our online production team, which includes designers, information architects, and content developers, to help stand up a Drupal 7 solution. Responsibilities for this position include custom programming and web application development, troubleshooting of existing client sites, contributing ideas and efforts toward internal projects and working as part of a team to find solutions to various problems (i.e. development platforms, documentation etc.). The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a creative, challenging, and fast-paced team environment.
- BS in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years experience building interactive web sites
- Minimum 5 years experience with Drupal web content management solution (WCMS) and at least
- 1 year with Drupal 7. Samples of enterprise-level applications are required.
- Experience implementing or working with content approval and staging workflows.
- Experience scaling an application and/or its hosting environment to support increases in traffic.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong proficiency with Drupal's various systems- caching, theming, etc.
- A solid understanding of web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to relational database structures.
- Section 508 experience
- Experience resolving cross-platform, cross-browser issues
- Experience with source code version control
- Experience working VMWare, Graphic Designer tools
What you will actually do:
- Assist with multiple Drupal 7 CMS (Content-Management System) site build outs and
- Turning design and user interface mockups into functional websites
- Participate in the coding stages of an iterative software engineering lifecycle, including software
- security and documentation
- Assist with end-user support needs and perform troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Monitor web servers for performance and communicate with network personnel or web site
- hosting agencies to address hardware or software issues affecting web site.
- Possible routine maintenance - both module and core updates for multiple web sites