Senior Ruby Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Merkle Loyalty Solutions enables CMOs to increase their customers' lifetime value. LoyaltyPlus, our SaaS lifecycle marketing suite, makes it easy to execute loyalty programs and personalized customer retention campaigns. Our top clients include Abercrombie & Fitch, 1-800-Flowers, Pittsburg Steelers, New Balance, and L'Oréal. We were recently ranked a "Leader", the highest ranking, in The Forrester Wave: Customer Loyalty Solutions for Midsize Organizations.
Merkle Loyalty Solutions is our own operating group within Merkle, a $400M+ (revenues), privately held performance marketing agency that is majority owned by Dentsu Aegis Network. We were originally a startup named 500friends before being acquired by Merkle, which means that you essentially get to join a startup with the security and stability of an established company.
Our approach to hiring: Stop Hunting Unicorns
We are currently working on expanding our Analytics, Launching in Global Markets, and deepening our Social Listening capabilities.
As a member of our small but seriously talented engineering team, you will play a key role in both shaping and building our technologies. Your scope will be broad, ranging from user-facing features to server-side components and libraries. We are looking for someone who enjoys learning and working with different technologies. And of course you will be expected to commit code on your first day.
Yes, we realize that smart hackers are in demand. So what makes Merkle Loyalty Solutions special?
- We care about our team: http://www.500friends.com/blog/2012/10/25/An-Open-Letter-to-Future-Team-Members
- We're obsessed with hiring only the best; you won't ever have to deal with incompetency
- Huge scale, serving 2 billion requests monthly (that's about 60K per minute)
- We work as a group making decisions collaboratively
- Competitive compensation package, with rich set of benefits
- NO ASSHOLES AND POLITICS
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics
- In lieu of a technical degree, 4 years of relevant work experience is an acceptable substitute
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Work experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with agile development process in collaborative environment
- Good understanding of performance tradeoffs
Bonus points if you have:
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience designing and deploying large scale distributed data processing systems
- Experience in big data, information retrieval, data mining or machine learning
- High degree of proficiency in Linux systems administration
- You've built (and are dying to show us) something you're proud of, outside of work/school