Lead Ruby Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA
500friends enables CMOs to increase their customer lifetime value. We help retail brands turn customers into loyal customers. LoyaltyPlus, our SaaS lifecycle marketing suite, makes it easy to execute loyalty programs and personalized customer retention campaigns. Our top clients include Kabam Gaming, New Balance, 1-800-flowers, Pittsburg Steelers, and L’Oreal Kiehl’s.
We were acquired by Merkle at the end of 2014, a $400M (revenues), privately held CRM marketing agency backed by TCV (early investors in Exact Target, Facebook, and Netflix). We have remained acting as our own group and maintain the start up vibe. This means that you essentially get to join a start-up with the security and stability of an established company.
We are currently working on expanding our Analytics, Launching in Global Markets, and deepening our Social Listening capabilities.
We’re looking for a Lead Rails Engineer to guide our team underneath our CTO, Geoff Smalling. This is an opportunity to lead a small and highly collaborative engineering team at a stable and successful company. We were recently named a Leader in the 2016 Forrester Wave. Your scope will be broad, ranging from user-facing features to server-side components and libraries. We are looking for a skilled and pragmatic Lead Engineer who can review code and solve high levels problems simultaneously. And of course you will be expected to commit code on your first day.
Yes, we realize that smart hackers are in demand. So what makes 500friends special?
- We care about our team: http://www.500friends.com/blog/2012/10/25/An-Open-Letter-to-Future-Team-Members
- We're obsessed with hiring only the best; you won't ever have to deal with incompetency
- Huge scale, serving 2 billion requests monthly (that's about 60K per minute)
- We work as a group making decisions collaboratively
- Competitive compensation package, with rich set of benefits
- We solve real world problems
- NO ASSHOLES AND POLITICS
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics
- In lieu of a technical degree, 4 years of relevant work experience is an acceptable substitute
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Work experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with agile development process in collaborative environment
- Good understanding of performance tradeoffs
Bonus points if you have:
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience designing and deploying large scale distributed data processing systems
- Experience in big data, information retrieval, data mining, or machine learning
- High degree of proficiency in Linux systems administration
- You've built (and are dying to show us) something you're proud of, especially if it's outside of work/school
The Good Stuff:
- Free lunch every day
- Snack Room
- Bike Rack
- We're Funny