Director of Marketing (SaaS)
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
500friends helps marketers (primarily retailers) increase their customer lifetime value. This is really important today as they are getting their butts kicked by Amazon. As consumers, we love Amazon too, but would be disappointed if they were the only game in town.
We're backed by $12M in financing from Crosslink, Intel, and YCombinator and are trusted by over 40 of the Internet Retailer 1,000. Our management team has a proven track record of building great companies with great outcomes.
- Own product positioning
- Ensure new feature adoption
- Understand our customers (ranging from their buying habits to desired use cases)
- Create killer sales tools including case studies and white papers
- Identify and address bottlenecks and objections in the sales process
- Press outreach (there is no PR Department...)
- Collaborate closely with various stakeholders ranging from Demand Generation to Client Success
- 3+ years of marketing experience at B2B software companies (designed for retailers is highly desirable) managing a variety of product marketing functions and disciplines
- Excellent writing skills
- A strong desire to work in a small company with limited but high-quality resources
- The ability to think strategically but also execute "tactically"
Bonus points if you have:
- Worked at some of the top product marketing organizations - ala Salesforce
- Product management experience
- Worked for a retailer, especially in the area of CRM/loyalty/lifecycle marketing