Director, Customer Success
Client Services | New York, NY | Full Time
Merkle Loyalty Solutions enables CMOs to increase their customers' lifetime value. LoyaltyPlus, our SaaS lifecycle marketing suite, makes it easy to execute loyalty programs and personalized customer retention campaigns. Our top clients include Abercrombie & Fitch, 1-800-Flowers, Pittsburg Steelers, New Balance, and L'Oréal. We were recently ranked a "Leader", the highest ranking, in The Forrester Wave: Customer Loyalty Solutions for Midsize Organizations.
Merkle Loyalty Solutions is our own operating group within Merkle, a $400M+ (revenues), privately held performance marketing agency that is majority owned by Dentsu Aegis Network. We were originally a startup named 500friends before being acquired by Merkle, which means that you essentially get to join a startup with the security and stability of an established company.
Our approach to hiring: Stop Hunting Unicorns
The Client Success Team has been foundational to the company’s success; leading deep engagements with our client base and acting as a true client partner in every interaction. Join our growing team and expect to collaborate with top-brands in defining the future of loyalty marketing. This is a highly visible role with significant ownership. Preferred background includes SaaS solution, digital, marketing and/or loyalty experience for direct to consumer or B2B2C companies.
No two days are the same at Merkle Loyalty Solutions. Expect a great deal of variance across your portfolio of brands depending on their tenure, but understand that your top priority is in helping clients achieve their goals through the lens of loyalty marketing. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead, manage, retain and grow a portfolio of sophisticated omni-channel retailers charged with improving business performance
- Provide strategic guidance to client partners in all areas of loyalty marketing including communication strategy, user experience, effective use of promotions, campaign execution
- Understand and optimize program performance, lead business reviews and manage actionable client roadmap
- Gather and prioritize client feedback on new product feature requests and work directly with Product/Development team to shape company roadmap
- Roll up your sleeves and get into the details, this is an individual contributor role
You must be a polished client services professional that thrives in delivering on behalf of your clients. Successful candidates must have a keen understanding of multi-channel marketing and internet business models and have referencable experience in loyalty marketing and/or CRM marketing. Other requirements include:
- Client Services Experience: 7-10 years relevant experience in a client services role at a Marketing/Loyalty/CRM agency, management consulting firm, or leading consumer company.
- Communication Skills: Exemplary written and oral communication skills. Solid proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint for client-ready reports and presentations.
- Analytical Skills: Experience with qualitative and quantitative analysis of marketing program results including recommendations for strategic and/or tactical changes.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution with an MBA/graduate degree preferred.