Accounting & Finance | New York, NY | Full Time
33Across is seeking an experienced Accountant/Senior Accountant to assist the Finance Director with various responsibilities such as participating in the monthly close by generating and reviewing journal entries, account analysis, financial reporting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and other month end close activities.
This role will also require full payment cycle responsibilities, full receivable cycle along with expense reporting responsibilities. Position reports to the Finance Director.
- Managing the Accounts Payable Cycle – Setting up Vendors, making payments by the appropriate deadlines, writing checks and sending wires. Updating the weekly schedule of payments for management.
- Managing the Accounts Receivable Cycle – Billing, collections, updating forecasts, credit notes and ad hoc items
- Participate in the General Ledger month-end Responsible for preparation of General Ledger entries in accordance with US GAAP and reconciliations for timely month-end close
- Managing Expense Reporting in Concur – Processing expense reports
- Process bi-weekly payroll for all wages, expense reimbursement, commissions, and bonuses
- Responsible for analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and reporting on variances
- Prepare monthly account analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Assist with preparation of Budget, Forecasts, Financial and Tax Audits
- Prepare financial management reports including but not limited to weekly top line updates, cash flow statements, hiring trends analysis, and capex forecasting.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Participate in the following processes : Monthly Close, Financial Audits, Cash management
- Perform ad hoc duties as requested
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting required
- 2-4+ years accounting/finance experience; CPA pursuit is a plus
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- Good knowledge of US GAAP and willingness to research and resolve accounting applications
- Strong analytical skills
- Creative Problem solving skills and idea generation are encouraged
- Great attention to detail and strong organizational skills is a must
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-Starter, possess ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily interaction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Experience in the industry is a plus
- Experience with Public Companies / SOX are a plus
- Proficiency with Excel is required. Advanced functionality (Macros, Access, Pivot Tables) is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce and Financial Force is a plus
33Across is the leading social sharing and content discovery platform for premium publishers and brand marketers. We enable over 450 Fortune 1000 brand marketers to take advantage of unique social signals to deliver impactful advertising initiatives. Over 600,000 publishers use our products and technology to accelerate their content distribution, user engagement, and advertising monetization. Reaching over 1.25 billion worldwide users, 33Across processes billions of anonymous social signals and interest actions that surround marketer and publisher brands each day.