SAP Specialist, Funds Management
Engineering | Frederick, MD | Full Time
2C4 Technologies is a high-tech startup company that was founded to create trailblazing information technology solutions for the federal, state, and commercial markets. 2C4 is compelled to deliver valuable solutions by providing an insightful balance of technology and industry knowledge. 2C4 directly attributes its success to its outstanding employees. Their passion, talent, professionalism, and capabilities create amazing solutions every day. Since we are always looking to develop methods to work smarter, 2C4 actively pursues candidates that embody our corporate ideals.
This position will serve as a Senior Financial Management Analyst for the Financial Application Support Team. The individual will be the liaison between the business and IT leading business process improvement activities and accounting system support and implementation. This position will support a Department of Defense (DoD) contract to maintain the Theater Enterprise-Wide Logistics System (TEWLS). TEWLS is an SAP software-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) application through which agencies order medical supplies and assemblages to send to forward-deployed troops in regions worldwide. TEWLS consolidates numerous military logistics functions into a single application and database.
- Planning: Leads short and long-term planning sessions with customers to improve business processes. Generally involve improving the functionality of SAP functional application tools. Provides input to governance agreements between business customers and SAP developers and facilitates the planning processes.
- Functional Liaison: Serves as an SAP functional liaison between the customer and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Requirements: Recommends, develops, writes and communicates business requirements for the design and implementation of solutions using SAP functional applications. Works with business customers to develop and analyze SAP application tool needs and determine optimum functionality requirements to meet those needs.
- Testing: Defines test plans and system documentation to monitor testing for the implementation of system enhancements, modifications, application fixes and new releases of vendor software. Analyzes and tests new releases/ versions of SAP software in order to determine a roll-out schedule, functional compatibility and integration issues. Conducts testing of system enhancements, modifications, application updates, fixes and upgrades to ensure software meets vendor and customer specifications. Implements integration plans. Interfaces with cross- functional teams to incorporate plans into integration testing process.
- Documentation: Works with user groups to develop and design user guides and training documentation.
- Standards: Follows organizational SAP standards for full life-cycle implementations or upgrades. Ensures that less senior staff member adhere to standards.
- Coaching and Mentoring: Provides guidance, training, and problem solving assistance to other team members.
The position requires strong analytical and communication skills, project management, financial information systems implementation experience and accounting knowledge. This role will be expected to coordinate / manage all activities to ensure they are completed on time and in a high quality manner.
- Participate as a key teammate in providing financial management expertise
- Perform fiscal year closing in SAP Finance and Controlling (FI & CO)
- Apply knowledge of SAP products to design, develop, and deploy solutions that meet requirements and minimize customization.
- Make recommendations and advise on organization-wide system improvements, optimization or maintenance efforts
- Facilitate group discussions related to business process design
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- 10 - 12 years of work experience
- 3 years experience in working directly with SAP and supporting end of year closing activities
- 3 years experience with SAP Funds Management functional configuration
- Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related degree
- Equivalent combination of knowledge and specialized experience may be acceptable in lieu of a degree
- Must have a A+ CE, Network+ CE, SSCP, or CCNA-Security certification
- Must have DoD experience
- Strong people skills as well as good verbal and written communication skills and have a history of success with customer facing environments
Applicants must have a current DoD National Agency Check with Local Agency Checks and Credit Check (NACLC) security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information.