Mobile Applications Engineer - Mid Level
Engineering | Frederick, MD | Full Time
2c4 Technologies is a high-tech startup company that was founded to create trailblazing information technology solutions for the federal, state, and commercial markets. 2c4 is compelled to deliver valuable solutions by providing an insightful balance of technology and industry knowledge. 2c4 directly attributes its success to its outstanding employees. Their passion, talent, professionalism, and capabilities create amazing solutions every day. Since we are always looking to develop methods to work smarter, 2c4 actively pursues candidates that embody our corporate ideals.
2c4 Technologies is seeking a Mobile Application Engineer to support development and sustainment activities associated with the military’s electronic health record (EHR) applications for the Theater and Operational environment . The candidate will work within a cohesive engineering team to design, develop, create, and modify mobile computing applications software or specialized utility programs. They analyze user needs and develop mobile software solutions. The candidate will design and develop user interface applications using various languages and mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
- Provides full lifecycle application development.
- Designs, codes and debugs applications in various software languages.
- Performs software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, and software reliability analysis.
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Designs and develops front end graphical user interface.
- Performs software testing, and quality assurance.
- Supports, maintains, and documents software functionality.
- Integrates software into existing systems.
- Evaluates and identifies new technologies for implementation.
- Works with others on the team to provide technical support during all phases of the development process and coordinate with vendors in evaluating and implementing new technologies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related degree.
- Equivalent combination of knowledge and specialized experience may be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ Yrs. experience in software development
- 3+ Yrs. experience in mobile application development
- DoD experience desired.
- Experience in Mono is desired (MonoTouch, Mono for Android)
- iOS and/or Android mobile programming background
- Demonstrated UI design, performance, and usability issue experience
- SQL and database knowledge
- Experience applying high-level object-oriented design methodologies
- Experience working with integration test processes
- Strong people skills as well as good verbal and written communication skills and have a history of success with customer facing environments.