Full Stack Developer (multiple openings)
Cloud | Saint Louis, MO | Full Time
Interested in working for a human-centered technology company that prides itself on using modern tools and technologies? Want to be surrounded by intensely curious and innovative thinkers?
Seeking to solve complex technical challenges by building products that work for people, meet and exceed the needs of businesses, and work elegantly and efficiently?
Modeling ourselves after the 1904 World’s Fair, which brought innovation to the region, 1904labs is seeking top technical talent in St. Louis to bring innovation and creativity to our clients.
Our clients consist of Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies headquartered here in St. Louis. We partner with them on complex projects that range from reimagining and refactoring their existing applications, to helping to envision and build new applications or data streams to operationalize their existing data. Working in a team-based labs model, using our own flavor of #HCDAgile, we strive to work at the cutting edge of technology’s capabilities while solving problems for our clients and their users.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will be responsible for the Analysis, Design, and Development of modern application software. Each team member is expected to have the right attitude and aptitude required to embrace new technologies as necessitated by the problems we encounter. We seek “T-shaped” developers, deep in a few core areas and broad across a wide range of systems, programming, and computer science disciplines. That said we strive to build complementary teams that leverage your core strengths while also providing opportunities for growth in a collaborative setting.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming and best practices for developing robust solutions as well as experience using standard Design Patterns to solve common problems.
- Must be adaptable and have a drive to learn new technologies and frameworks to support R&D interests
- Experience with relational and/or document based data stores. E.g. (postgres, mysql, and/or mongodb, elastic)
- One or more of the following frameworks or server side technologies. E.g. (Node, Scala, React, Redux, Angular, Vue.js, hBase, etc)
- Experience working with distributed architectures including SOA based solutions and/or micro-services implementations.
- Familiarity with consuming from and standing up rest based APIs
- Java web development and/or Spring boot framework experience
- Previous work experience in an Agile team oriented environment
- Experience with code quality tools (e.g. eslint, jshint, pmd, sonar) as well as integration into a build process
- Full scope test automation from unit to behavioral/functional to integration (e.g JUnit, ScalaTest, JBehave, Cucumber). Experience integrating these frameworks into a continuous integration environment
- Experience with any of the big three IAAS platforms: AWS / GCP / Azure
- Experience with infrastructure management platforms: Kubernetes, Cloud-Foundary, etc.
- Experience with various analytics tools used for working with big data
- Standard Benefits Program (medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), professional development and education assistance, PTO)
- Innovation Hours - Ten percent (10%) of our work week is set aside to work on our own product ideas in a highly collaborative and supportive environment. The best part: The IP remains your own. We are a high-growth culture and we know that when we help people focus on personal and professional growth, collectively, we can achieve great things.
- Dress Code - we don't have one!
This job is located in St. Louis, MO. While we would prefer local candidates your current location is not the most important factor; please help us understand why you would like to call St. Louis home if you would be relocating