Business Development Director
Sales | Saint Louis, MO | Full Time
Just like how the 1904 World’s Fair brought innovation to St. Louis, 1904labs inspires innovation in new and exciting ways by bridging gaps between the talent community and clients who have cutting edge needs.
We provide our team members with challenging and rewarding work, competitive compensation and the opportunity to openly pursue their own individual startup ideas during the work day. We challenge the conventional norms by encouraging our employees to innovate their own product ideas during collaboration times, separate from our client work.
At 1904labs, we are agile and innovative technologists. Cutting-edge technologies don’t scare us, they fuel our fire
The Business Development Director will focus on customer acquisition. Lead generation and prospect management are the main concern as the business development executive will garner and meet with potential clients.
Researches client business referrals, network, and web leads. Provide prospective customers/clients with all services offered, and additional presentations as needed. Work with client to create solutions for their needs and consult through the sales process. Must be energetic, well-spoken, and eager to close sales and increase revenue.
- Identifying, qualifying, and securing business opportunities within large enterprise level prospects
- Building business relationships with current and potential clients
- Collaborating with company leadership to secure, retain, and grow accounts
- Developing customized targeted sales strategies
- Creating informative presentations in conjunction with our marketing team
- Presenting and delivering information to potential clients at client meetings, industry exhibits, trade shows, and conferences
- Coordinating business generation activities in conjunction with our marketing team
- Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospect clients
- Maintaining short- and long-term business development plans
- Cold calling; making multiple outbound calls to potential clients
- Understanding client needs and offering solutions and support
- Researching potential leads from business directories, web searches, or digital resources
- Qualifying leads from digital campaigns, conferences, references, tradeshows, etc.
- Closing sales and working with client through closing process
- Meeting or exceeding annual sales goals.
- Meeting all quotas for cold, active, inactive calls, appointments, and interviews
- Maintaining a pipeline of all sales administration using CRM software
- Collaborating with management on sales goals, planning, and forecasting
- Experience selling consulting and technology related services to large enterprises in St Louis
- Experience with lead generation and prospect management
- Comfortable making cold calls and talking to new people all day
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect and interact with potential customers
- Persuasive and goal-oriented
- Possesses an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor
- Eager to expand company with new sales, clients, and territories
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- In-depth understanding of company services and its position in the industry
- High school degree or equivalent; Bachelor degree preferred
- Four years of cold calling experience; Previous experience in outbound call center, inside sales experience, or related sales experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to demonstrate patience and enthusiasm while communicating with potential clients
- Able to professionally and confidently communicate with C-Level Executives
- Able to work accurately under stress and pressure to meet competing deadlines
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Demonstrated and proven sales results
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Tenacity to handle rejection and continue on with a positive attitude when reaching next potential client
- Knowledge of sales process from initiation to close
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Strong computer skills, including Google Suite for Business experience, preferred
Standard Benefits Program (medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), professional development and education assistance, PTO)
Innovation Time - we allow 10% of your time to be devoted to innovation hours. This time can be used to foster individual ideas, personal projects, startup ideas, improve an open source tool or for career advancement and self-education. All during traditional working hours.
Dress Code - we don't have one
These roles are located in St. Louis, MO. While we would prefer local candidates your location is not the most important factor; please help us understand why you would like to call St. Louis home if you would be relocating.