Agile Engineering Team Lead - Data Projects
Delivery Leadership | Saint Louis, MO | Full Time
Just like how the 1904 World’s Fair brought innovation to St. Louis, 1904labs inspires innovation in new and exciting ways by bridging gaps between the talent community and clients who have cutting edge needs.
We provide our team members with challenging and rewarding work, competitive compensation and the opportunity to openly pursue their own individual startup ideas during the work day. We challenge the conventional norms by encouraging our employees to innovate their own product ideas during collaboration times, separate from our client work.
At 1904labs, we are agile and innovative technologists. Cutting edge technologies don’t scare us, they fuel our fire.
As the Team Lead you will provide technical support, agile guidance, and servant leadership to the team. The Team Lead is responsible for facilitating interactions between the team and the client, both running down roadblocks as well as guiding day to day engineering activities. The Team Lead is expected to have the attitude and aptitude required to embrace new technologies quickly and use that knowledge to make architectural decisions affecting both new and existing products as they are matured for release into production environments. The leader must be well versed in version control systems such as Git / SVN, have the ability to operate in a full-stack environment, have excellent written and verbal communication, and be prepared to exhibit servant leadership everyday.
- Agile - Experience working in an Agile team oriented environment as a strong team leader, an agile coach, architect or in a similar leadership capacity
- Attitude / Aptitude - Candidates must be adaptable and have a drive to learn new technologies and frameworks to support R&D interests
- Big Data / Analytics - Exposure to and interest in learning more about distributed data architectures and big data analysis tools, such as Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.
- OO Programming / Design patterns - Understanding of Object Oriented Programming and best practices for developing robust solutions as well as experience using standard Design Patterns to solve common problems
- Languages - Scala / Java / python / R (At least one of these skills)
- Cloud - AWS / Azure / Google Cloud Platform (At least one of these skills)
- Database Environments - Experience with NoSQL database technologies (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, Neo4J, HBase, etc.), traditional RDBMS, as well as common BI and ETL tools
- Big Data / Analytics - Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.
- Distributed Software Architectures - Experience working with distributed architectures including microservices-based solutions and cloud-based implementations
Standard Benefits Program (medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), professional development and education assistance, PTO)
Innovation Time - we allow 10% of your time to be devoted to innovation hours. This time can be used to foster individual ideas, personal projects, start up ideas, improve an open source tool or for career advancement and self-education. All during traditional working hours.
Dress Code - we don't have one
These roles are located in St. Louis, MO. While we would prefer local candidates your location is not the most important factor; please help us understand why you would like to call St. Louis home if you would be relocating.