Agile Engineering Lead
Cloud Software Development Operations | Saint Louis, MO | Full Time
Just like how the 1904 World’s Fair brought innovation to St. Louis, 1904labs inspires innovation in new and exciting ways by bridging gaps between the talent community and clients who have cutting edge needs.
We provide our team members with challenging and rewarding work, competitive compensation and the opportunity to openly pursue their own individual startup ideas during the work day. We challenge the conventional norms by encouraging our employees to innovate their own product ideas during collaboration times, separate from our client work.
At 1904labs, we are agile and innovative technologists. Cutting edge technologies don’t scare us, they fuel our fire.
As the Team Lead you will provide technical support, agile guidance, and servant leadership to the team. The Team Lead is responsible for facilitating interactions between the team and the client, both running down roadblocks as well as guiding day to day engineering activities. The Team Lead is expected to have the attitude and aptitude required to embrace new technologies quickly and use that knowledge to make architectural decisions affecting both new and existing products as they are matured for release into production environments. The leader must be well versed in version control systems such as Git / SVN, have the ability to operate in a full-stack environment, have excellent written and verbal communication, and be prepared to exhibit servant leadership everyday.
- Agile - Experience working in an Agile team oriented environment as a strong team leader and or agile coach.
- Java - Experience with Java web development + Spring framework
- OO Programming / Design patterns - Understanding of Object Oriented Programming and best practices for developing robust solutions as well as experience using standard Design Patterns to solve common problems.
- Attitude / Aptitude - Candidates must be adaptable and have a drive to learn new technologies and frameworks to support R&D interests
- Database - Experience with nosql database technologies (e.g. MongoDB, Hadoop, Neo4J, etc…) as well as traditional RDBMS.
- Specialty Skill - Node.js / Scala / React / Redux / Angular / hBase / AWS / Cloud Foundry / Docker (At least one of these skills)
- Distributed Architectures - Experience working with distributed architectures including SOA based solutions and or AWS implementations.
- Static Analysis Tools - Experience with code quality tools (e.g. eslint, jshint, pmd, sonar) as well as integration into a build process.
- CI / Testing Automation - Full scope test automation from unit to behavioral/functional to integration (e.g JUnit, ScalaTest, JBehave, Cucumber). Experience integrating these frameworks into a continuous integration environment
- Analytics Expertise - Ideal candidate will have experience with various analytics tools used for working with big data.
Standard Benefits Program (medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), professional development and education assistance, PTO)
Innovation Time - we allow 10% of your time to be devoted to innovation hours. This time can be used to foster individual ideas, personal projects, start up ideas, improve an open source tool or for career advancement and self-education. All during traditional working hours.
Dress Code - we don't have one
This role is located in St. Louis MO. Local candidates are preferred, but location is not the most important factor. If you would be relocating to St. Louis please share with us a little information as to why you might want to call St. Louis home.