Senior Software Engineer
Engineering | Seattle, WA | Full Time
We are looking for a Software Developer who is interested in building products that help shape the future of work. You will be responsible for designing and implementing software for products in the 10,000ft family. This includes designing, developing and testing software, producing necessary documentation, interacting with customers and supporting the team with related engineering needs.
Skills & Requirements
- A solid grasp of software design principles
- A desire and ability to work collaboratively with the product design department to drive quality products that users love
- Strong problem solving skills
- A passion for writing high-quality (fast, clean, maintainable, secure, well tested) code
- Ability to work independently in a goal-driven, team environment
- BA/BS or graduate degree in Computer Science
- 5+ Years of experience shipping software
- Experience building modern web applications and interacting with web service APIs
We Also Highly Value
- Fluency in both object oriented and functional paradigms
- Strong database skills of both the SQL and NoSQL varieties
- Familiarity with AWS
- Comfort with *nix CLI
- Additionally, these skills are highly recommended
- Collaborate with the team to design, build, operate and support 10,000ft software as a service.
- Acquire and maintain expert knowledge of how the 10,000ft products are built
- Communicate with customers when needed (e.g., providing technical support)
10,000ft is a growing team of software makers in the Pioneer Square neighborhood of Seattle. We’re passionate about helping shape the future of work by designing tools for creative thinkers.
As a team, we believe in setting shared high-level business goals and then doing our best work to get there. We value collaboration and brainstorming and we try to give our people the tools they need to creatively solve problems. We care about loving what we do and living fulfilling lives. We provide a flexible and supportive work environment, four weeks of paid vacation, full family medical and dental insurance, an annual wellness benefit, charitable donation matching, and a 401k retirement plan. We’re proud to be part of the Pledge Parental Leave community and we’re committed to making 10,000ft the best place to work. (Last year, we backed that commitment with results: we were voted a Best Place to Work by both Seattle Business Magazine and Inc. Magazine.)