Engineering | Seattle, WA | Full Time
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to help scale our software with reliability and quality of service (QoS) in mind. This is an entry to mid-level position, however we encourage people of all levels to apply.
Your job is to become deeply familiar with our infrastructure and software stack and assist with designing, implementing and documenting solutions that will help us grow to the next level. You’ll be responsible for designing, developing and testing software, implementing and managing infrastructure systems, emergency drill planning, and working with customers as well as our team on related engineering infrastructure needs.
This is a great opportunity for an entry to mid-level engineer as you’ll be paired with a mentor to help streamline your growth as a DevOps engineer.
Skills & Requirements:
- Solid understanding of software design principles
- Strong problem solving skills
- Basic knowledge and skills using PaaS tools in a cloud like AWS
- Strong Linux system administration skills
- Basic experience working with relational databases such as MySql and Postgres, in an administrative capacity
- Experience with any of the following automation tools will make your application standout: Docker, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible, and Vagrant
- Basic knowledge of continuous delivery concepts + techniques
- Knowing Ruby on Rails or Node.js will be a bonus!
- Ability to work independently in a goal-driven team environment
- BA/BS or graduate degree in Computer Science or 5+ years living in the Linux command line, vim/emacs/nano and writing bash scripts
- Additionally, these skills are highly recommended :D
- Collaborate with the team to design, build, operate, monitor + support 10,000ft software as a service
- Acquire and maintain expert knowledge of how the 10,000ft products are built
- Communicate with customers when needed (e.g. providing technical support)
10,000ft is a growing team of software makers in the Pioneer Square neighborhood of Seattle. We’re passionate about helping shape the future of work by designing tools for creative thinkers.
As a team, we believe in setting shared high-level business goals and then doing our best work to get there. We value collaboration and brainstorming and we try to give our people the tools they need to creatively solve problems. We care about loving what we do and living fulfilling lives. We provide a flexible and supportive work environment, four weeks of paid vacation, full family medical and dental insurance, an annual wellness benefit, charitable donation matching, and a 401k retirement plan. We’re proud to be part of the Pledge Parental Leave community and we’re committed to making 10,000ft the best place to work.