As a Vehicle Testing Assistant at Edmunds you’ll be a key member of the team that tests hundreds of vehicles each year and whose work fuels the impactful ratings and reviews on our website.
Your specific mission is to keep the test process moving and ensure the test team is making the most appropriate use of cars, people and time. This involves everything from maintaining the test-fleet calendar, schlepping test equipment where needed, coordinating test day logistics, to getting the cars washed and regularly serviced.
Sure there’s the thrill of driving cool new cars that aren’t even on the market yet, but don’t be fooled – this can be a tough job with long hours in the hot sun at the track, frequently moving equipment, and a lot of crawling around/under cars. So if you’re not up for the non-glamorous side, this isn’t the job for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Operate and maintain vehicle testing equipment
- Assist with test vehicle logistics (check-in new vehicles, prep them to leave, coordinate with transportation and delivery vendors, ensure the vehicles get to where they need to be, such as the test track, photo shoots, studio, etc.)
- Maintain test fleet of vehicles (monitor their maintenance schedule, respond to unexpected problems and accidents, take them to the dealer for service and repairs, etc.)
- Assist with maintaining the vehicle test-fleet calendar and staff assignments
- Provide support at photo and video shoots as needed
- Represent Edmunds professionally and effectively in all interactions with the automotive industry (writers, editors, vendors, manufacturers, auto shows, vehicle launches, etc.)
What You Need:
- Required: you must be at least 25 years old with 5 years’ driving experience and a clean driving record
- Skilled at working successfully with a lot of different people
- Can juggle multiple logistics without skipping a beat
- Strong interest in testing vehicles (not necessarily writing about them)
- Technically savvy with proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Gmail, etc.)
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, responsible conduct, team player and willingness to learn
- Dealership Service experience would be nice
- Prior experience with VBOX testing equipment would be a huge plus, however not required
- Key traits for the person who will be successful in this role are: a healthy sense of humility, eagerness to learn, self-starter and natural sense of curiosity about things.
Working at Edmunds:
At Edmunds.com we’re driven to make car buying easier. As one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, almost 18 million visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting edge technology.
A few of the perks:
- Results Only Work Environment (ROWE) - work whenever you want from wherever you want, as long as the work gets done
- Competitive pay + fantastic benefits including 14 paid company holidays (how many of your friends get to celebrate Earth Day as a paid day off?)
- Flexible Time Away From Work - take what you need; as long as your work gets done, you can take any reasonable amount of time off - with pay, of course
Employees think it's a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we've been recognized as one of the best places to work by the LA Business Journal (for the last 4 years!), Wall Street Journal, Business Week Magazine and Architectural Record. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we'd love to hear from you!